Thrivism is built on the foundational belief that “humans need to survive and desire to thrive.” Meeting this need and desire depends on meeting five conditions:
- Person and people need to survive and desire to thrive,
- Person depends on other persons (people) for survival and thriving,
- Need and desire apply to current and future world,
- Person’s and people’s future survival and thriving depends on there being a future world, and
- Future world must be sustained long term to meet human need and desire.